Three-day summit to host 150 female entrepreneurs from 35 countries.
After 61 years, Fatma Mihriban Aktari graduates from her dream faculty of Istanbul's Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University.
Goalkeeper is seen during the women's training of Atasehir Belediyespor soccer team in Istanbul, Turkey on April 9, 2014.
Edremit township of Balıkesir province hosts an international aviation festival..
Yanit won gold medal with a degree of 7.89 seconds.
Turkish woman taking care of Russian boy appears on a Russian talk show.
Turkish President Abdullah Gul answered a selection of the top-voted questions on YouTube World View.
Female entrepreneurs from Turkey and the Balkans gather together at a two-day regional gathering in Istanbul hosted by the Association of Balkan Chambers (ABC) and TOBB, Turkey’s largest not-profit business organization.
DO YOU KNOW?
Safranbolu Houses, featured in the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List, are being restored by the Housing Development Administration of Turkey.
Public debt ratio lowest in Europe
The ratio of Turkey’s public debt to national income has dropped to 28.2 percent from 61.4 percent 10 years ago.
Double-lane roads save 1525 lives
The number of people who were killed in traffic accidents dropped to 4,041 in 2010 from 5,566 in 2000 thanks to 13,500 more kilometers of double-lane roads, which saved 1,525 lives a year on average.
Record Growth in Technology Sector
The Turkish technology sector grew 19.4% in 2010, closing the year with 17.5 billion TL revenue.
5000 more licensed tourist guides
The number of licensed tourist guides has risen to 12,517 in 2010, from 7,658 eight years ago.
Government Takes Care of Traffic Accident Victims
The government now covers all medical expenses of those injured in traffic accidents.
World Leader in Transit Passengers
Carrying 18 million passengers in the Asia-Europe transit corridor in 2010, Turkey saw the highest increase in transit passenger numbers in the world.
From Electricity Importer to Exporter
Turkey increased electricity production from 31 thousand to 45 thousand megawatts in ten years and started selling electricity to Georgia, Syria and Greece.
- Turkish economy grows 8.8% in Q2
- First Turkish built helicopter takes test flight
- Turkish field hospital gives life in Somalia
- New high-speed train line launched
- Turkish-made cabs in New York streets
- Control your computer without mouse or keyboard
- First Turkish observation satellite launched
- Turkey wins first-ever world title in volleyball
- James Bond to be shot in Istanbul
- Turkish swimmer sets new world record
Every student has Internet Access
Every school in Turkey now has ADSL internet connection.
Investing in Farmers
Turkey increased agricultural investments in the past 10 years from 1.8 billion TL to 9 billion TL.
Scholarship to Returning Academics
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey now offers 3. 250 TL monthly scholarship to returning academics who complete their Ph.Ds abroad.
- Turkish Main Battle Tank ALTAY
- Turkish footballer wins UEFA ‘goal of the year’
- Life in Istanbul
- Turkey: Home of GALLIPOLI
- Turkey: Home Of Pamukkale
- Turkey: Home Of Turkish Cuisine
- Anti-Piracy Solution Watchdog
- Turkey’s deepest geothermal well found
- Turkey’s anti-smoking campaign
- Solar cars race
- TAI defense projects
- Turkey’s PARS
- Turkey’s aid to Somalia