Project to generate $4 billion in exports, Turkish ambassador to Uganda says.
20 Turkish companies part of Istanbul Chemicals and Chemical Products Exporters’ Association.
Deficit drops 40 percent in October from previous year, TurkStat reports.
Only 36 percent of Turkish people currently own a vehicle, this indicates an important growth opportunity in the automotive industry in the coming years, experts say.
Head of Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency says there is need to change rules governing 'participation banks'
Three-day summit to host 150 female entrepreneurs from 35 countries.
The center is aimed at developing the conditions required for Istanbul to rank among the leading financial centers of the world.
Turkey supports Turkish companies to invest in Serbia, says Turkish Economy Minister.
DO YOU KNOW?
First step for Turkish fighter jet
Feasibility works have been launched for first Turkish fighter jet planned to be completed by 2023, the centenary of the Republic of Turkey.
Public debt ratio lowest in Europe
The ratio of Turkey’s public debt to national income has dropped to 28.2 percent from 61.4 percent 10 years ago.
Scholarship to Returning Academics
The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey now offers 3. 250 TL monthly scholarship to returning academics who complete their Ph.Ds abroad.
Safranbolu Houses, featured in the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List, are being restored by the Housing Development Administration of Turkey.
Investing in Farmers
Turkey increased agricultural investments in the past 10 years from 1.8 billion TL to 9 billion TL.
Double-lane roads save 1525 lives
The number of people who were killed in traffic accidents dropped to 4,041 in 2010 from 5,566 in 2000 thanks to 13,500 more kilometers of double-lane roads, which saved 1,525 lives a year on average.
5000 more licensed tourist guides
The number of licensed tourist guides has risen to 12,517 in 2010, from 7,658 eight years ago.
Record Growth in Technology Sector
The Turkish technology sector grew 19.4% in 2010, closing the year with 17.5 billion TL revenue.
- Turkish economy grows 8.8% in Q2
- First Turkish built helicopter takes test flight
- Turkish field hospital gives life in Somalia
- New high-speed train line launched
- Turkish-made cabs in New York streets
- Control your computer without mouse or keyboard
- First Turkish observation satellite launched
- Turkey wins first-ever world title in volleyball
- James Bond to be shot in Istanbul
- Turkish swimmer sets new world record
Care for Pregnant Women Under Risk
12.275 women benefited from the "guest mother" program, which provides care to pregrant women under risk in health centers before delivery.
Every student has Internet Access
Every school in Turkey now has ADSL internet connection.
World Leader in Transit Passengers
Carrying 18 million passengers in the Asia-Europe transit corridor in 2010, Turkey saw the highest increase in transit passenger numbers in the world.
- Turkish Main Battle Tank ALTAY
- Turkish footballer wins UEFA ‘goal of the year’
- Life in Istanbul
- Turkey: Home of GALLIPOLI
- Turkey: Home Of Pamukkale
- Turkey: Home Of Turkish Cuisine
- Anti-Piracy Solution Watchdog
- Turkey’s deepest geothermal well found
- Turkey’s anti-smoking campaign
- Solar cars race
- TAI defense projects
- Turkey’s PARS
- Turkey’s aid to Somalia